Essential oils are very powerful, potent, and strong. Thus, it’s very important to take precautions before use. Here are the precautions on using Essential Oils on pregnant women and children:
Pregnant Moms: Avoid basil, birch, calamus, cassia, cinnamon, bark, hysspop, Idaho tansy, lavandin, rosemary, sage, tarragon, and wintergreen.
For Babies (one day to two years old): avoid eucalyptus, basil, juniper, mint, hyssop & wintergreen.
For Toddlers & Young Children (2 and above): Always dilute essential oils for toddlers and young children. Since essential oils are very potent, mix 30 drops of carrier oil per 1 drop of essential oil, just to be on the safe side.
There are many powerful ways essential oils can be used from pregnancy, post-partum, and for children. Here are some ways essential oils can be used for calming and relaxing:
- Gentle Baby:
- Comforting, soothing, and relaxing, and beneficial for reducing stress during pregnancy.
- Dilute 1 drop of Gentle Baby with 1 drop carrier oil.
- Apply over mother’s abdomen, feet, lower back, face, and neck areas.
- Stress Away:
- Frankincense: Diffuse or apply anywhere on the body, direct or dilute 1 drop with 1 drop carrier oil.
- creates a magnetic energy that brings joy to the heart, mind, and soul. Helps overcome deep-seated grief and depression.
- Inhale and wear daily as a perfume
- Present Time: diffuse or apply 1-2 drops to stay focused on the now
- Surrender: Diffuse or apply 1-2 drops to support in releasing negative emotions.
- Jasmine: Add a few drops to 1/2 tsp of salt and mix into bath water.
For Sleeplessness in Babies & Children:
- Peace & Calming:
- Promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace and emotional well-being.
- Dilute 1:2 and apply on soles of feet at nap or bedtime.
- Diffuse 20-30 minutes in the bedroom before bed.
- Same application as above, and apply one drop on pillow or bath water.
Peace & Calming and Lavender are our household favorite! These are are part of our bedtime routine! To order these oils, visit www.youngliving.com If you would like to order, please leave me a message and I will walk you through it!
Do you use essential oils during your bedtime routine,too? If so, what do you use?
The best way to get into oils is with a premium starter kit. They include a diffuser and 11 oils, and are $150 or $160 depending on the diffuser you choose (both are great!). By ordering a kit you will get your own personal membership that you can use to get a 24% discount on oils! You are never required to buy anything else or to sell anything, ever.
To get your own kit – click here, then choose “order oils” and then “wholesale member”.
References: Information has been obtained from book “Gentle Babies Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants and Young Children” by Debra Raybern.